Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring! (Almost)







Just got back to Montucky for the guiding season to begin on the Alberton Gorge. Unfortunately, I had to leave beautiful, warm northern California somewhat prematurely, but with the copious amounts of snow here in the north, it seems that this summer might just be the best yet. As the snow continues to fall this evening, I am dreaming of creeks that soon will be running with ample amounts of recently departed snowpack, at the tropical temperatures of water that is only degrees from being ice. Patience is the name of the game right now, and since I cracked both of my boats before leaving sunny humboldt, this might be a good time to finally start working again, before I break something else. Speaking of broken boats, kinda sucks that you can't weld Jacksons. But, enough of that. I will have some photos up soon from our recent trips...


Happy Paddling!



1 comment:

  1. that looks almost as cool as paddling pauley and brandy creek with water.

    ReplyDelete